Saturday, October 10, 2009

Back To School Coaster - Free Crochet Pattern


Back To School Coaster


Materials:
H hook
worsted weight yarn (pink, grey, yellow, tan, black)
yarn needle


With pink, ch 16.

Row 1 - sc in 2nd ch from hook and each remaining ch, ch 1, turn.

Row 2 - sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 3 - repeat row 2, finish off, weave in ends.

Row 4 - attach grey w/ sc to previous row, sc in sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 5 - sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 6 - repeat row 5, finish off, weave in ends.

Row 7 - attach yellow w/ sc to previous row, sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 8 - sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 9-16 - repeat row 8 (at the end of row 16, finish off, weave in ends).

Row 17 - attach tan w/ a sc to previous row, sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 18 - sc 2 tog, sc to last 2 sc, sc 2 tog, ch 1, turn.

Row 19-22 - reapeat row 18 (at the end of row 22, finish off, weave in ends).

Row 23 - attach black w/ a sc to previous row, sc in each sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 24 - sc 2 tog, sc, sc 2 tog.

Row 25 - sc 3 tog, finish off, weave in ends.

Top stitch all pencil details, then sc evenly around entire outside edge, finish off, weave in ends.

14 comments:

Mel said...

This is such a cute coaster! I don't normally make coasters, but this one just looks like the perfect teacher appreciation gift! Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad to hear you and your family are doing okay after the final ultrasound. I've been keeping you and yours in my thoughts - good luck in the future, and have fun practicing!

I love your blog!!

Alisha said...

What a cool coaster !!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this pattern! I love it. I'm an intermediate crocheter, I would say, but I have no idea how to top stitch the pencil details. If you can point me to somewhere I can learn, please let me know. :)
Thanks, Chris

Janet Barrow said...

Love this coaster! Will make a great teacher appreciation gift for my daughter's teacher! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Unknown said...

This is too cute. Love it. Thank you so much for sharing. Can't wait to get started :D.

Beansieleigh said...

Came here because I love your Back to School Coaster, but HAD to comment to say Congratulations to you both, actually to all THREE of you, as you await the birth of the newest member of your family!! What wonderful news this is! Best Wishes! ~tina

Unknown said...

Was wondering if you had any other patterns posted and if you did how do i find them. This coaster is so neat. Lots of luck with your pregnancy.

Amber said...

Lindebel,

On the right side bar you will find two Yarn Pixie buttons. One labeled Crochet Patterns and one labeled Knit Patterns.

Enjoy!

Steph said...

HELP!! i hav almost finished the coaster but i'm not sure how to do a top stitch
do u kno of any sites that might help?

Unknown said...

can we sell the finished product? I love your projects! I am home schooled and stay home all day so i am going to make this for my mom. thank you so much!
god bless you!

Lee Ann said...

I love this coaster! Thank you! :)
_____
Lee Ann

Crochet...Gotta Love It! Blog:
http://crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com
YouTube Channel:
http://youtube.com/user/crochetgottaloveit
#crochetgottaloveit #crochet

Tamara said...

Are you able to tell me what the stitch count should be after each row please :)

Cece's Creationz said...

How can I tell anything about this pattern without the picture? The link to YouTube didn't show a video on how to do this pattern either. I might want to do this for my three great granddaughters but how do I know when there's no picture?

Anonymous said...

I need a picture please.