Sunday, March 11, 2012

More Baby Love

Baby Love Mitts in Pink
I made more Baby Love Mitts. This time for my 3 year old niece, Danika.

I've written a pattern for these that will be in my Etsy shop. I've also done a modified version for women that I call Mama Love Mitts. I want to perfect each pattern before I post them. So, I need to do a couple more test pairs and actually write down what I'm doing. The construction technique (In the round? Flat? Vertical thumb hole? Horizontal?) on every single pair I've made, including child and adult, has been different. I think I've finally decided how I want to do it and will write my patterns accordingly now.

Baby Love Mitts in Pink
She loves them! She didn’t want to take them off to go potty or dunk her cookies in her milk, but we convinced her that she can put them right back on after she washes her hands or when she was done with her cookies. She even had trouble with opening a door knob, but didn’t want to take them off, lol.

The main color yarn is actually a really OLD skein of Red Heart, probably from the 50s or 60s.

Baby Love Mitts in Pink

No comments: