Monday, February 16, 2009

There's Chocolate Cake... EVERYWHERE!

Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Mom and I had a movie night Tuesday. I made Chocolate Mug Cake with melted peanut butter chips and we watched Auntie Mame.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chocolate Coffee Mug Cake

(Ryn e-mailed me this recipe as a chain or forwarded e-mail. It's one of the few chain e-mails that I've been glad to get.)

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using)

and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

[I like to check it with a toothpick, like you would a normal cake.]

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends Blanket
I would LOVE to make this afghan often seen in Rachel & Monica's apartment! I hope to replicate it from these (and maybe other) photos of my TV.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stu and I got a couple's massage and went to lunch at Red Butte Cafe for Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day
I had the smoked turkey salad, it has bacon, corn salsa, avacado, tomato and lots of dark greens. Mmm!

Valentine's Day
We then went to Bath and Body Works where I was gonna buy some stuff, but Stu ended up paying for it all as a Valentine's gift.

Pictured from top: Vanilla Noir Body Spray, Vanilla Noir Body Cream, Midnight Pomegranite Body Wash (Stu suprised me with that one, I though he was getting it for him, haha!), behind the body wash is a purse size Butterfly Flower Body Lotion new for spring, can't wait 'til the full line for that scent is out... I gotta have it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, Stu and I talked to another Bishop for our wedding. We'll be talking that over soon.

Shopping Spree
After talking with the Bishop on Sunday, Stu, Ryn and I went shopping. Stu and I each got some spending money from our tax refund and I used some of it to buy this stuff. We had so much fun shopping together. I bought a Paramore CD and the Twilight soundtrack for Ryn. We had lunch at Sconecutter too!

Clockwise from top left: Three's Company Season 4 on DVD, Beetlejuice DVD, Over The Hedge DVD, red hair dye (my last one faded after just a week!), Finger Paints nail polishes, one of those new fangled extension mascaras (we'll see), Nail Magic (I swear by this stuff!) and an Earth, Wind & Fire hits CD.

Movie Night
Ryn and I then watched my new movies in Stu and I's room and had some chocolate coffee mug cake with butterscotch chips.

Movie Night
We both eventually feel asleep with the TV on. Good thing I didn't work today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, needlework news this week, sorry kids.



Now Playing:
Ghost Hunters International
City of the Doomed

1 comment:

Gloria P. said...

That cake looks delicious...sounds like something I will have to make in the near future. I love old movies I will have to check that one out. I recently watched "the owl and the pussy cat" With George Segal and Barbara Streisand..I think it came out in 1969-70, it is so freaking funny!

I love the great stuff you bught at bath and body works...oh how I wish I could use and wear some of it....I have lupus and a disease that makes me literally allergic to just about everything...really sticks.....I am allergic to stuff that I put into and on my body and including what I smell....yeah the girl in the bubble....! As you know I love to cook and being Italian and having an Italian husband there is no way I can not cook...so I eat and take things like protonix and prelief...blah blah...anyway I always enjoy reading your blog........I am leaving for North Carolina to see the folks in a few weeks....and believe it or not I am having anxiety over not being able to possibly get on the computer...I will be looking for the nearest library.

I had a wonderful V-day...Tom always goes all out......he is the champion of my heart!