Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mmmm, Lazy Sunday

Now Playing:
Viva La Vida
by Coldplay


I really haven't been up to much of anything in the past week. Mostly just working, knitting and chillin' in the evenings.

Here's the progress on Stu's robe:

Hubby's Robe
It's the back piece. I have about 10 more inches left on this piece... I have a lot left to do still. *sigh* I am having a hard time wanting work on it, but only because it's such a plain stitching. Knit, purl, knit, purl, knit, purl... *yawn*. But, I love my hubby, so I keep going! =)

Although, I did buy a brown sheet and a light blue sheet from the thrift store the other night. I actually went to get a coat because the zipper is breaking on the one I have now. I couldn't find anything I liked, so Ryn and I browsed the store a bit. I've been wanting to pull our bedroom (and every other room in the house) together visually for a while now. I found the perfect two sheets to start the ball rolling on that(Thanks Ryn for volunteering to call Dad and talk him into it, haha.) I just threw the light blue sheet on our box springs for a dust ruffle and tossed the brown sheet over our exsisting comforter and "Voila!", new look!

Old Look
Before.

New Look
After!

New Look
And for just 8 bucks! Nice what a change only a couple things can make, huh?

Decor Project
Next, I plan on painting this pink monster dark brown. I'm excited!!!

Heaven in a Tub.
Here's a little fluffy heaven in a tub... Can you guess what's it's for?

S'mores Pie
I've been craving a S'mores pie for about a week and a half. I finally made one today. I just made a graham cracker crust with butter and a little sugar, filled it with chocolate pudding pie mix... easy peasy. And then, the "pièce de résistance"...

S'mores Pie
Here is it with the heaven (marshmallow cream) on top! I can't wait to dig in tonight! Hey, that'll be my new begging line! "Pretty please, with heaven on top?"

I've also had a craving for old movies lately, especially those with Sharon Tate. Hey! It's not creepy! I really like her. So, what if the only way I found out about her was through coming across something about the Manson Family that spiraled into a thirst for any information on that case. Pffffft! She's beautiful and I love watching her.

A-NY-WAY!

5 star rate
My favorite right now is Auntie Mame. Love, love, love this one!!! It gets five yarn balls. Rosalind Russell is BRILLIANT in this film and the interaction between Mame and Miss Gooch cracks me up something severe. It's even made Stu laugh as he gets caught watching it as he passes by.

2 star rate
Next is Eye of the Devil. It only gets two yarn balls because I found it boring and the story flat. I had to make myself keep watching it to finish... and I only did that because I'm a completist (if that's a word). The only thing that saved this one from no yarn balls is that it had good cinemetography and Sharon Tate.

Rating Coming Soon
Next, I'll be watching Don't Make Waves, another Sharon Tate film.

Rating Coming Soon
And from the library yesterday I got Holiday with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant and...

Rating Coming Soon
The Trouble with Angels, another Rosalind Russell film (with Hayley Mills! I haven't watched her since the old Parent Trap when I was a kid!)

Well, I'm gonna watch some Ghost Hunters and knit now. Have a lovely Sunday evening all!


Signature

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know what you mean, I too am a "completeist"--I must finish something that I start, even if I don't enjoy it! Sometimes it's tough with yarn & books, but I power through. Love the new scheme in your bedroom & that S'mores pie looks DEVINE! I was drooling looking at it. (: