Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh, the horror!

So, something happened today...

I got out of my car at work, after lunch, and was walking through the snow/ice mounds between the curb and sidewalk. I was wearing quite slippery boots, so I was trying to step carefully and lightly punch footprints into the icy snow to keep my foot stable while taking my next step. I took another step on the snow and it felt like my heel was sinking into the mud underneath. I managed to get my foot on the curb instead and my heel went all the way down to the concrete... and I went, "What the...?!" Then it hit me, I looked behind me and there was the heel of my boot laying in the dirty snow!

I had to use packing tape for a quick fix so that I could walk and look (more) like a normal person (than without a heel).

The heel has been loose in the past, but never anything a little super glue coudn't fix. These were my favorite boots, but I think it's time to call them dead. I guess this is what I get for buying boots from a shop in the mall with a bunch of cheap, hokey stuff.

Well, at least I have a reason to buy another pair of shoes. Excuse me...

"Honey, ba-bay needs new boots..."

Now Playing:
Another Postcard - Barenaked Ladies

No comments: