Saturday, February 9, 2008

What a long week...

...Or however long it's been since I last posted. Whew! It has been quite some time, so this may be an unbelievably long post, just bear with me.

DISCLAMIER: AFTER BEING HYPNOTIZED BY SEVERAL GARBAGE MUSIC VIDEOS UNTIL 1:00(ISH) A.M., WRITER IS POSTING THIS ENTRY UNDER VERY TIRED CONDITIONS AND CANNOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR SPELLING ERRORS, POOR GRAMMER, RUN ON SENTENCES, GENERAL BLABBERING OR INCORRECT STATEMENTS. =P

I just read an "update e-mail" from my dear friend Sue, in California. Her and her family seem to be doing very well and that pleases me. I miss her. Hopefully both our tribes can meet, hang out and be groovy someday.

Stu and I celebrated our one year anniversary on February 4th. We went to Wendover together the night of and came back the next day. We had a blast! Stu found his new favorite game, Paigow Poker. I found my favorite slot machine, Sea Monkeys, modeled after the cartoon likeness of this crazy phenomenon. (Brine shrimp? Isn't that what sea monkeys are? Eh, whatever.) ANYHOW... I had so much fun. I've been to Wendover once before, but that was nothing in comparison to how happy I was while there with my sweetheart. We did lots of laughing. Smiles and statements of disbelief ensued whenever the winning was good. Even though we spent all the money we brought to spend, I don't care. I had a perfect one year anniversary with my loving fiance. 'Nough said. (There are no pictures, I didn't want to worry about my camera while we were there.)

We have also set a date to be married, July 5th, 2009!

Okay, turn the page...
They painted the coffehouse orange... blech! I don't like it. I'm all for bright, bold colors, but I'm so not diggin' the orange walls, blue door trims and red couches. They just don't jive in my optic perception. I hope this isn't the final product, but just a work in progress.

Page 3...
Mom's birthday was on the 3rd, Superbowl Sunday. I felt bad that she wanted to have her cake and every few minutes, a meek little mom-type voice drifted from the dining room, "Is is half-time yet?" Which, each time, was followed by a booming, "No." from the entire group. It was funny though, I just hope it didn't make her feel bad.

pAGE...ACK! What was that?!?! It's really the keyboard, not me forgetting to take off the caps lock from doing something else. =P

Page D...
Ryn's Science Project is now complete and will be turned in this next week. She tested the theory of color affecting decisions. I think she did a great job!

Page 5...
Ryn also threw a surprise birthday party for Stu the Sunday before his birthday. Her and the neighbor did most the work decorating, picking up the cake and it was Ryn's idea. I bought a few things and would've helped more, but I was the one who had to get him out of the house. He said it was his first surprise party ever... that made me happy.

Page Pink...
Stu and I quit smoking, February 5th, the day after our anniversary. We're up to four days quit today! Our last cigarettes were on the way home from Wendover and as soon as we got out of the car, that was it. We threw out all ashtrays in the car and house, put away all lighters (saved only for lighting candles and such). I threw all cigarettes I had left in the dumpster (Stu smoked the last one in his pack.) We then started our smoke-free journey. It's been easier than I expected, despite the emotional break-downs I had in day 2 and 3. Even then, it's not like I would've smoked if I could've. It almost felt more like I was mourning some kind of loss. Eh, as I understand it, fluctuating emotions aren't terribly uncommon in quitting smoking or any other substance. I mean, your body and mind are going through some HUGE changes, of course they're going to be confused!

Stu is doing fantastic with all this! I think it's been a bit more rough for him, but he's handling it all so very gracefully. And I can't even begin to tell you how unbelievably supportive he's been to me amidst his own struggle with it all. All I can say is that I'm so blessed to have such a strong and supportive partner!


Page... what is it?... like 62? I dunno, feels like I've been typing for days.
Just wanted to add a little note in here that Stu's mom's boyfriend (did you follow that?) came to visit today. We all went out for lunch, dinner and we rented a movie. It was really nice having him here, I had fun.

Page... BINGO!
And finally, we have a problem... I think it's time for an intervention...

Looks like Stu's birthday bear has evolved into a gaming addict at breakneck speed. He was here when we went to bed and was still in the same place when we woke up. Sometimes we even catch him on the sofa, holding an X-Box controller, waiting for the second the TV frees up. Houston, we have a problem.

Now Playing:
(My favorite song to play drums for on Rock Band)

No comments: