Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday 11/6/12

Stu is in Atlanta, Georgia for two weeks for training for his job. It's really weird without him here. But, we all get to see him on webcam in the evenings.

Today, I cleaned and mopped the kitchen and dining room. I have hopes to have time to knit myself some slippers and get all the backed up clean laundry folded. But, I have to see if I have time later as I currently have paid work from my Grandmother to type her journals.

I am gently night weaning Mo from nursing during the night. Last night was night two and went quite a bit better than the first night. The first waking the first night, when I unlatched her before she fell asleep, she cried for about an hour, begging to nurse and crying so hard she was uncontrollably gasping. =( I just kept holding her, stroking her and reassuring her that I was still there. Last night, her wakings were very short and much less dramatic. =) I'm using a gentle method from Dr. Jay Gordon found online.

This week, I hope to make some pumpkin muffins or cookies. I bought extra pumpkin grocery shopping yesterday too as I think I'd like to make two pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving at my parents' this year. It'll be much cheaper than my usual pumpkin roll. (Sorry, Dad.) I need to call Mom today and tell her that's what I'll bring!

Below, is a better picture of the witch hat I crocheted for Mo for Halloween.

For more of what we're doing, visit my flickr photos!

2 comments:

paula said...

On my blog I have a recipe for Pumpkin CHeesecake bars . . basically an angelfood cake, pumpkin and 8oz of crem cheese . . it is cheep and your dad might like it.

Jessica said...

Super cute hat! :)