Monday, April 13, 2009

Hork 'N' Crochet

Photo Album and Knit & Crochet Photos updated!

So, I was up at 3 AM this morning horking my guts out. Blech. Musta been the corn dog I had at Lagoon yesterday. [shivers] Anyway, I wasn't doing a whole lot better this morning either. So, I stayed home from work and got some needed rest. Then, after my breakfast of a slice of dry wheat toast and half a banana (we do the BRAT or BART diet in this house when you're stomach won't hold anything else... bananas, rice, applesauce and toast), I layed in the bed on put on a Three's Company DVD and my fingers got to itching. So, you guessed it, I picked up the yarn and crocheted... on my back, elbows on the bed. I got quite a bit done...

Tiramisu Baby Blanket
I got the Tiramisu Baby Blanket for my co-worker nearly finished. I would have too, had it not been for running out of the brown yarn for the edging and the fact that the Walmart here doesn't carry Wintuk. Curse them! I even have the ribbon ready! I'll just have to grab the same yarn I have at my parents' tomorrow.

Diagonal Knit Baby Blanket
I got all the ends woven in on the diagonal baby blanket that is for the first child that Stu and I have. He bought the yarn for my for my 28th birthday with the same intention that I used it for. And 3 birthdays later [blush], it's finally an FO. Good thing too, we're getting married in a couple months. It did sit waiting for end weaving for a while though... so really it's been done before now. And Stu knitted a row on this one! It's the one just above my thumb nail...

Diagonal Knit Baby Blanket

----------

Tiny Ami Cat
I also finished Ryn's Tiny Ami Cat.

Tiny Ami Cat
Complete with tail. He was just a head with only a face for several weeks. Poor thing. I try to do one of these a week, usually Sunday night, for Ryn, to build a collection for her from the Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet book that my younger sister, Ashley, got me for Christmas. Unfortunately, the cat got pushed back for the Tiramisu Baby Blanket for a few weeks. But, today, finally, I became wracked with guilt enough to get the kitty done. I usually put the tiny ami in Ryn's bathroom drawer so she finds it in the morning, but I finished it before bed and couldn't wait to give it to her. She was excited. Heehee.

Tiny Ami Cat
(I know it's a blurry picture, but it's so cute!)
Oh, and thanks for the book, Sisser, I'm having a blast making these tiny animals... 'cept for the fiddly tiny parts, like the limbs and ears, oy! Haha!


Well, that's been my day. I'm feeling better(ish) and will be going back to work tomorrow. [sigh] Hopefully, I can get a little bit more done on another hibernating project before bed and feel really good about myself!

Oh yeah, and we finished registering for our wedding, so we can get invitations done now, booya!

G'nite!

Now Playing:
The Sign
by Ace of Base

(Whoooooo! Let's hear it for high school memories! Whoohaaaa!)

2 comments:

Martie said...

I LOVE that pink and brown blanket! And I had no idea Wintuk even still made yarn. That's what I learned on many years ago but haven't seen it in forever. Thanks for sharing your work!

Gloria P. said...

It's finally finished your first childs baby blanket...Congrats...now we just have to wait for the baby!!!

I really enjoy reading your blog and browsing your pictures. Why? Because your not afraid to share love story. I love all the little animals you have made thus far and I think that it is wonderful that you are so willing to accept your step-child and give her a piece of who you are by means of the little animal collection.....and by the way I really hope you line they little animals up all together and take a picture for your blog..they are so adorable.
Also I was browsing this womans site and I thought her two girls looked a lot like your niece..check out her younger daughter...not to mention that she has a wonderful site full of great crafts; sewing..and more......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goingsewcrazy/page13/