Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finger Sweater (Crochet Version) - Free Crochet Pattern


Finger Sweater - Crochet Version

Finger Sweater - Crochet Version


I made this at the request of a crocheter on Ravelry who saw my originial (knit) finger sweater and asked for a crochet version pattern.


Pattern is for size 9 finger, but can be easily adjusted for your finger and yarn. Just size by loosely wrapping the foundation chain around your finger before proceeding and adjust accordingly.

Materials:
worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver in Wedgewood.)
G hook

ch 12

Row 1 - Without twisting chain, sc in first ch of foundation chain (mark first st in row if it helps you), (1 sc in each ch) 10 times.

Work in continuous rounds now and throughout.

Row 2 - sc 11.

Row 3-5 - Repeat row 2.

Finish off, weave in ends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea - looks great!

Anonymous said...

super idea! I'll certainly make myself one.. I sometimes get a sore spot on the the finger that's supporting the hook... (and don't want to quit crocheting yet).

vivian said...

oh my just what I needed, clever, clever...thank you
vivian c.

SnapShotAHP said...

I'm so making me one. I have been getting yarn burn too. Its so annoying so I got on line to see what I can do about it. I did use tape but it did not work very well.

Anonymous said...

Thank You. You just saved me from buying some gloves, that I probably would have gotten tired of. Love this pattern :).

Rachel said...

Thank you so much! This is just what I was looking for.