Saturday, June 30, 2012

So Much Summer

Now Playing:
Amarantine
by Enya

We took Little Miss swimming for the first time today. She was scared and cried a lot. We never let her go and she relaxed a bit, smiled and laughed while we all jumped up and down in the water (while I still held her tight). She even had a bit of fun when some nice boys let her play with their ball. Hopefully, I'll have pictures for you soon. Teen Miss took some at the beginning.

Untitled
Mo is being transistioned to the spare bedroom (which used to hold a roommate before he moved out). Here she is napping on the air mattress we have in there so that I can get her to sleep in there and sleep in there myself, if need be. Monday, I will probably start getting her crib and dresser in there too. Once she gets used to her new room, I hope to start night weaning her too. I'm actually feeling kind of sad thinking about it all now, but, it's coming time and nursing off and on all night is wearing me thin. We'll take it slow for her... and me.

Untitled
I did acrylic tips on Teen Miss this week. Best acrylic nails I've ever done in my life! They were nice and thin and needed minimal filing. Now, if I could just figure out how to keep nails from lifting, I'd wear an acrylic overlay myself all the time. I've already taken mine off, they started lifting the next day. I even roughed up the natural nail and used a primer.

Untitled
Stu and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. We went to dinner at a bar and grill called Fiddler's Elbow. Best, bad for me, burger I've ever had. I ate only 430 (healthy!) calories for breakfast and lunch that day to save up for this... then prompltly ruined my efforts by having dessert on top of it. Oh well.

Untitled
This lovely shawl collar circle jacket I'm crocheting is almost done. I get so tired of projects like this that are worked from the center out, because every round takes longer. Recipient to be revealed soon!

Untitled
Bruce and Marissa came to get the mei tai I made for them. Marissa got Abigail all snuggled into the carrier and said, "Amber, this is beautiful." And I don't really think she was talking about how pretty the carrier was (but that's just a guess). Baby wearing really is a beautiful thing, especially with a mei tai. They are my personal favorite style of carrier.

Untitled
Here's sweet Abigail!

Untitled
You know you're addicted when there's knitting hiding in your kitchen fruit basket... I'm just sayin'.

Untitled
These are the freezer pop socks I knit for my sister and her two girls.

Untitled
These are some freezer pop socks that I knit for my friend, Marin. She saw the pic of Little Miss's on Facebook and told me she wanted to buy some and even let me do them however I wanted.

Untitled
Walking to the bank and library. Do raggin' it as she has no hats to protect her little head and ears from the sun.

Untitled
She got a grape sucker from the bank. Mmmmm.

Untitled
First ever clean dinner plate! This is an awesome milestone for her! She has been slowly getting better at trying proteins. The only protein she ever eats for sure is chicken and it's only certain she will if it's covered in some kind of crunchy breading or batter. She often now asks for eggs (and eats every bite), will eat beans and, in this picture, it was her first time trying pork chop and she ate every last bite that she was given! She also had corn and mashed potatoes with it, two of her favorites. Trying a new protein and eating all of it in the same meal has been unheard of until now.

Untitled
Blue nails with pink polka dots!

Untitled
My new flip flops from the Old Navy $1 flip flop sale this morning! Thanks to my awesome hubby for watching the baby so Teen Miss and I could go quickly. I have SO many flip flops already, these are colors I didn't have yet. Seriously, I had like, 12-15 pairs before this?

And, I'll finish up with a cute captionless photo montage...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

No comments: